When you visit a doctor, you expect outstanding care and a solution to any health ailment you have. It’s that simple. But, when something goes wrong, the only thing you are left with is more problems, financial loss, and a stressful situation. When there is a need to hire a personal injury lawyer Jacksonville FL has talented, experienced professionals to help. Unfortunately, in Florida, this happens a great deal of the time.
Know the Risks in Florida: Here’s Why You Need a Medical Malpractice Attorney Jacksonville FL
Information from the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management and Aon Risk Solutions provides some worrisome facts.
- Florida has the highest rate of any other state in terms of medical malpractice cases.
- And, the cost to settle this type of claim in the state is 2.9 times higher than what the national average is.
- On average, defending a medical malpractice claim costs $8,190.
Now, from the perspective of the medical malpractice insurance company – this is a very big problem. It is very expensive to settle these claims. However, if you are the victim, it means there is an underlying problem here. People who get medical care in Florida suffer medical malpractice far too often.
Why Does This Happen? Personal Injury Lawyer Jacksonville FL Is Essential Today
Let’s be clear. Doctors cause injuries throughout the country. More so, personal injury matters occurring in Florida can be higher because medical costs are higher here. But, why do these accidents happen? It is hard to say – this information is not always accessible – but here are some concerns:
- Doctors take on too many patients to meet financial goals
- A lack of staff that is well trained and experienced may contribute
- Doctors take risks without sharing what those risks are
- They lack the time to properly assess the situation, often leading to costly mistakes
- They lack the guidance and policies necessary from hospitals to minimize losses
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Jacksonville FL Do for You?
In all types of personal injury, information and evidence are very important. Yet, they are also very hard to obtain. With the help of an attorney, you gain insight into what your options are. This can help you in various ways including:
- If you have a case of negligence
- What type of evidence may be available to back up your claim
- Expert witnesses to support your claim
- A comprehensive understanding of what all of your losses are including lost time at work, medical costs, long term care, and pain and suffering
- What steps you need to take to get the compensation owed to you
In most cases of personal injury, an insurance company will not provide you with the financial compensation owed to you at the highest value. With the help of an attorney, you gain support here, too. They will work with the insurer to increase your settlement to match your true loss. And, if there is any question about the validity of your claim, the attorney works to help you prove your case jacksonville personal injury lawyer.
Hire a Medical Malpractice Attorney Jacksonville FL for Guidance
It takes just a single call to learn what your options are. Discuss your case with an attorney to learn what all of your options are for obtaining the compensation owed to you.